Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!!!

My goodness...what a week. I've been receiving CHA orders like crazy (be sure to check the NEW section on the website!) and have just been SO busy this week.

Anyway, that's why I've been so quiet this week. I did steal some time to come up with this card for Five Minute Friday. I realized although I've been creating I haven't been doing much stamping, so I remedied that this week!

The base is SU! Bashful Blue and the layers are SU! Chocolate Chip and Blush Blossom. I pulled the Blush from the DP (the baskside of the SEI Love Birds paper). It all came together pretty quickly. I stamped the bird three times - once on the white layer, once on a scrap of white so I could cut out the body and then once on scrap in Palette Seascape blue so I could have blue little wings. The most time consuming part was cutting out the little heart wings and gluing them back on the bird. I also used my blender pen direct to the Seascape pad to color the hearts on the branch and then went over them with my Clear Spica pen.

Everything else is pretty straight forward. I used my SU! scallop border punch for the DP and finished it off with a few accent pearls and then lastly, I added the Brown Leafy Vine ribbon. Isn't it just the perfect touch?

The branch and bird are from Whoo Loves You and the greeting and little flowerin the background is from All Occassions Messages. I love that messages set. It's got a bunch of really good sayings and some cutey little shapes and things to use. Make sure you check it out!

I think this weekend is going to involve some eBaying of unloved SU! stamps...they're taking up way too much room and not being loved nearly as much as they deserve. But, in between listings I hope to be able to do some crafting!

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: