Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September Guest DT: Welcome Amy Sheffer!

i {heart}papers is so excited to welcome Amy Sheffer as our guest designer this month!  Read a little about her, in her own words:

Hi! My name is Amy Sheffer, and I'm excited to be guest designing for i{heart}papers!  A little about me ... I am married to a wonderful husband of almost 19 years, and together we have three children, two boys and a girl.  I am a stay-at-home mom with a professional background in publishing: newspaper reporting, magazine editing and production, as well as internet/online content development. 

I've been dabbling in anything and everything artsy and crafty most of my life, so when a friend introduced me to scrapbooking in the late '90s and then rubber stamping in 2002, I was instantly hooked both times.  I started blogging my stamped creations almost five years ago and was thrilled to connect with a whole community of crafty kindred spirits.  Stamping has been a big part of my life ever since, and I'm especially grateful for the friends I've made along the way.  I'm honored to have served on several design teams and to have had my work published in stamping and paper-crafting magazines as well. 

I consider my style a bit eclectic (sounds so much better than "all over the place").  Vintage, cutesy, elegant, whimsical -- I like to try it all. I'm usually happiest, though, with designs that have lots of layers and embellishments, plus a little element or two of something unexpected. 

When I'm not stamping or hanging out with my family, I enjoy photography, good fiction, gardening, decorating, DIY home improvement, and, lately, documenting everyday life using the Project Life scrapbooking system. 

I look forward to sharing my i{heart}papers creations with you this month.  A big thanks to Kate for this opportunity! 

We are all looking forward to having you with us this month, Amy!

Don't forget - you still have until this evening to add our blinkie to your blog!  See all the details, including what you could win, in the original post!


Pin It

No comments: