Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DT Challenge: Spectrum Noir markers meet 12x12 Kits

Hello and welcome to this month's DT Challenge!  This month we are spotlighting some 12x12 Collection Kits and our new Spectrum Noir markers.

For my project today I altered a cute little chipboard box that I picked up at the Target Dollar Spot.  (Gosh, I love it there.  Who's with me?  Those little mailboxes!  I still have a stash!  OK, I digress.)  You know I'm a dog lover so I made a cutey little gift for a doggy friend and their stampy momma.  It's filled with some healthy, made int he US doggy cookies, a naturally shed deer antler (my pups favorite chew toy and it's all natural and not dangerous like marrow bones or rawhide) and a doggy stamp set. 

I covered all 4 sides with this adorable bone print from Echo Park's mini collection, Woof.  Then I used the new Woofers and Tweeters set from Paper Smooches, stamped with Memento inks and die cut from Nesting Frame 2 (love these dies!) and colored with Spectrum Noir Markers (EB1, EB2 from the Essentials pack, EB8 from Browns and DR1 and DR6 from Reds).  I used our own ATG 1/4" tape (did you know we were carrying ATG tape now?) to adhere the paper to the box and some Sticky Thumb dimensional dots to pop up the focal point tag.  I finished it off with some paw print twill ribbon.  Cute, right?  I sorta like it.  :)

I hope you'll hop along and see what the rest of the team has made.  Here you go:
Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check the new section of the website.  We added tons of new things recently!  And, make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We will be updating it frequently, with new arrivals from CHA!

~Kate

Pin It

6 comments:

Deb said...

So adorable, Kate! And oh yeah, I'm with ya! LOVE the dollar spot, and I have a stash too!

whoistracy said...

Cute cute CUTE!!! What a great little gift.

Sankari W. said...

So cute Kate!!! I love those boxes from Target too :) (And I love those mailboxes too!) And this project is just darling!!! Love how you altered it - makes me want to do a little Tar-get run! Big hugs sweet Kate!!

Lori said...

This is adorable! Chloe would be all over this--especially the antler!

Judy Rozema said...

OH CUTE!!! That is such a sweet gift!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! I love the dollar section a little too much...like, to the point where we go a little beyond double digits at the checkout line :) haha! Love this super cute little gift/treat. Such a great idea!