Friday, February 1, 2013

New Paper Smooches, New Team Members, and a New Guest!

We have LOTS of fun announcements today, so sit down and get comfortable for this blog post!  Let's start with new pretties from Paper Smooches:

This new I Heart Art stamp set is perfect for al of the crafty people in your life!  Two other new sets are available today - Birthday Sampler and A Magical Spring (perfect for St. Patrick's Day shenanigans!).

Guess what else is now available?  That's right - dies!  The set shown above, Streamers, has a coordinating stamp set, and might just be the most versatile die/stamp combination ever!  There is also a Clipboard stamp set and coordinating die,  Flag Tags and coordinating dies,  and so many other must have stamps and dies!  You will definitely want to head over to the store to see all of the amazing goodies we ordered from Paper Smooches at CHA.


Please join us in welcoming the amazingly talented Carole Burrage to the i {heart} papers team as a full-time team member!  We are over the moon that Carole is joining us, and sharing her fabulous creativity with everyone.  Here's a little about her, in her own words: 
Hi! I'm Carole Burrage, coming to you from the major metropolis of Claremore, Oklahoma (it's a small town about 20 miles NE of Tulsa, for those of you into geography; it's also the hometown of Will Rogers and where the musical 'Oklahoma!' is set, for those of you into trivia)!  I was absolutely thrilled when Kate asked if I would be interested in guest designing for i{heart}papers as, well, I {heart} i{heart}papers!  Kate carries all the latest and greatest when it comes to stamping and papercrafting, and I have spent countless happy hours combing through her cyber aisles and filling my shopping cart to the brim. 
A little bit about me: I just celebrated my -- gasp! -- 43rd birthday last week, and I'm married to my college/law school sweetheart, Sean; we've been married for 19 years, and from what I understand, everyday with me is Christmas and every night is New Year's Eve. (hee) We have two beautiful, bouncing baby boys - Truman, who will be 16 and DRIVING next month (heaven help us all), and Carter, who is 8 and a bossy little dictator. I've had past lives as a fundraiser, federal law clerk, and university professor, none of which prepared me for my current gig as a stay-at-home-mom; the hardest and greatest job I've ever had. One of the perks of being a SAHM is that I get to spend all day with my canine companions, Sweet Pea (a gorgeous, sweet-tempered, rescue girlie of 4) and our incorrigible Direwolf German shepherd puppy, Ringo. 
In 2006, I was a scrapbooker when I found a few foam stamps and some embossing powder at my LSS; from the moment that powder bubbled into a shiny glaze, I was hooked, and stamping became my passion. My obsessive tendencies led me to the online stamping and papercrafting communities, and I discovered a whole tribe of crafty friends whom are now some of my besties. I love bright, bold colors, and usually go for cute and/or graphic images. I don't know how one might categorize my style - I just like to play with my supplies and hope that sense of fun shows up in my creations.


We are also incredibly fortunate to welcome Sankari Wegman as a guest this month!  We love her style, and we know you will too!  Read a bit about her:
HI Everyone! A huge thank you to sweet Kate at IHP for inviting me to be the guest designer this month! My name is Sankari Wegman and I am super excited to be here! I love making cards and projects for my friends and family, as well as some scrapbooking layouts. I got inspired to scrapbook when our first child was born and then slowly also started making cards (at first it was to save money on buying cards - which is hilarious because this hobby of ours can sure go heavy on the pocket book! haha!)  
I love bright and cheery colors and craft in a little corner in our bedroom - thankfully my DH is very understanding and doesn't seem to mind that my craft corner seems to be growing into our bedroom just a little bit :) I am currently on the Baker's Dozen Design Team for Taylored Expressions and the Verve Diva Inspiration Team. I am excited to be a guest designer for IHP this month and can't wait to use all of the awesome stamps and more at the store!
February is shaping up to be a really fantastic month, so stay with us so you don't miss a thing!

Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We will be updating it frequently, with new arrivals from CHA!

Pin It

2 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to Carole on joining the IHP DT and a huge thank you for having me as a guest designer!! I am so excited :))))))) xoxox!!!

Libby Hickson said...

These are literally my two favorite stampers on the planet. What great additions!