Monday, December 29, 2014

DT Day: Lori

Hi, IHP fans!  It's Lori here with today's DT post.  Since lots of us struggle with masculine cards, I thought I'd share one today using the fun Mister Man set from Technique Tuesday.

To get a masculine feel, I kept things simple with clean lines and added interest with a mix of fun papers, some shiny accents, and a tiny bit of texture.   I went with a trendy gray and yellow color scheme that I love for both masculine and gender-neutral designs.  Once I'd decided on my color scheme, I picked coordinating patterns from the Carta Bella Boy Oh Boy paper pad for the long panel that stretches down most of the length of my cardfront and for the paper pieced necktie.   The "you are the man" sentiment was stamped in gray pigment ink on a solid yellow panel that I layered over the patterned paper strip.  After adding the dotted necktie next to the sentiment, I added a little shine with a pair of silver brads along the side of the panel.  A little white twill tab tucked underneath the left edge of the panel adds just a bit of texture to the design.  The finished panel was adhered to a gray card base.
Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We share news, updates, inspiration, and the occasional giveaway!

Pin It

No comments: