Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year! New Guest!

Happy New Year!  It's a new year, full of new challenges and opportunities and a new guest designer for us!

Please help us welcome Amy Tsuruta!  Here's her first project a little about her!


Hello, it's ~amy~ from Tsuruta Designs!  I'm super thrilled to be the Guest Designer here at, i {heart} papers.  I live in the beautiful state of Washington.  I work part time at a start up biotech company in Seattle.  I'm a lucky Mom to 2 fabulous kids.  My son is in his senior year of high school and my daughter is in her 2nd year at the University of Washington.  I'm engaged to a great guy, who is crafty too!  He's building a RV-9.  

I've been blogging since 2007 and continue to enjoy the journey.  I'm super grateful to be a part of this awesome papercrafting community.  I love to inspire AND to be inspired.


Happy New Years!


I'm super excited to announce that I'm the Guest Designer over at 



I wanted to design a festive card for today in celebration of 2015!

Nothing says celebration like balloons:


Avery Elle Balloon Die
Avery Elle Balloons























I teamed up the balloons with

Fancy Pants Everyday Circus
Fancy Pants Everyday Circus

The mini "Let the Show begin" die cut has not been adhered to the patterned panel so there's movement in the card.  

This skinny card measures 3 x 5.50 inches.

The string is embroidery thread that I colored with my black copic. 

I'm spending the day with my family celebrating New Years in our traditional Japanese way, eating!

Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We share news, updates, inspiration, and the occasional giveaway!

Pin It

5 comments:

Rubeena I. said...

oh that's so clever! what a cute card <3

Kelly said...

love that you used patterned paper for the balloon die! very cute!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute, Amy!

Lisa Lara said...

Congratulations Amy. I love that cool paper and those fun dies.

Indy's Designs said...

Congrats, Amy! Super fun cards!