Friday, March 20, 2009

Flower Soft Five Minute Friday

flowersoftfmf

Hello!  Happy Friday!  I’ve added lots of new goodies to the store including Flower Soft and accessories, including stamps!  Yay! 

So, for today’s Five Minute Friday post (doesn’t include drying time!), even though I don’t have a sister, I made this card.  The image with the pot is a Card Topper from the Garden Corners collection and the “Sister” is from the Baskets and Butterflies Sentiments.  These toppers make such quick and easy cards and look so pretty when you add the Flower Soft.

The base of the card is SU! So Saffron and there is a layer of Mellow Moss in there.  I put a little trim of the Venise Lace across the top.

I used some Summer Mix Flower Soft for the pot and the upper right corner and some Pale Green Flower Soft for the very bottom.  I partially cut out the butterflies on the Sister to pop them up a bit and then cut out one entirely from the sheet to put above the flower pot.  I finished them off with a touch of Crystal Stickles

A few tips for Flower Soft…first, you want to use their glue, not because the glue itself is particularly special but because the bottle it comes in has a very fine tip and you only need little dabs of it.  Larger bottles have larger tips and will gush and make a huge mess.  And really, for $2.50, it is worth it.  You can refill it from your larger bottle.  *wink*

Next, you’ll want to have some wide mouth bowl to dump your pot in and a funnel to get it back in the pot.  The pots are nice size but Flower Soft gets very compacted and you really need to fluff it up to get the best effect, which means you need a larger container that you can run your hands through.  At the demo at CHA they had disposable bowls for each color. 

And lastly, a little goes a long way.  Don’t overdo the amount you put on there or it will lose the subtle, pretty effect it has. 

Let me know if you have any questions.  Post them here and I’ll answer them for you!

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your weekend!!

3 comments:

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Oooh! Pretty! Ugh. I knew I should have ordered the glue too. I thought my Aileen's would be fine, but I didn't think about the size of the tip!

whoistracy said...

Ohhh this is adorable! I was just drooling over these in the shop. This is so cute.

Ann said...

Wow! Such a pretty scene, and I love the soft colors. So springy!