Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleigh Ride: Altered Candle

sleighridecandle

Today’s peek is an oldie but goodie.  I think learning to make stamped candles was one of the very first things I learned when I seriously started stamping.  I haven’t done it in years but thought that this set would work well.  This image is from the new set, Sleigh Ride, available exclusively at IHP from The Petal Press.  It will be available, along with two new Chicken Girl sets, on the 16th.  Just like Happy Harvest it is a building/layering set.  There is the sleigh and then various toppers/fillers that you build to make your sleigh.  There are also some beautiful phrases, including this one that I used today.  It reads, “One kind word can warm three winter months. – Japanese proverb”

The image (and greeting) are stamped in Palette Noir on tissue paper, colored with my Prismacolor pencils and then applied to the candle.  After it cools a minute or two, I used some Pine Distress Stickles and Frosted Lace Stickles on the pine and ornaments for some dimension.  That’s it!

Don’t forget to check all week long for peeks from the other girls:

Ashley Cannon Newell
Carly Robertson
Cathleen Torina
Gretchen Belknap
Jenyfur Pohl
Julie Lacey
Tiffany Johnson
Tracy Schultz – designer

Thanks for stopping by today!  See you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

whoistracy said...

You know, I keep WANTING to make a candle but have never done one. Time just slips away too quickly. This is fabulous!!! Now you have me inspired.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic Kate...such a wonderful candle with this great set. So very festive.

Carly said...

What a great idea! Love it!