Friday, February 19, 2010

Five Minute Friday: Hello Dear Friend Tree

Hello dear friends!  I have been SO busy entering goodies (mostly, Copics for the entire past week) into the store (there’s a lot of readying of items that haven’t arrived yet so that as soon as they get delivered they’re ready to go live for you!) that I’ve spent pretty much zero time in the studio.  Hopefully in another few weeks this rush will all pass and I’ll be back to posting more regularly.  I did manage to get a whole 5 minutes of crafting yesterday when it dawned on me that today was Friday and I needed something for Five Minute Friday!  Good thing it only takes 5 minutes! *grin*

So I started with a kraft base and stamped the big tree from the new Unity set, Could I Be Any Cuter? in Palette Burnt Umber.  I stamped the greeting (from the same set!) in Palette L’Amour Red.  I colored the tree with my Prismacolor pencils.  I added some red highlights with my candy cane Stickles for pop and a little shimmer.  Lastly I added a little felt embellishment from June Bug Woolies to draw some attention to the saying.

Thanks for popping in today.  Hopefully the weather will hold out for tomorrow morning and we’ll be able to Mr. Barbo on a pack walk.  There’s this stable in northwest NJ that offers their grounds every Saturday morning for huge dog walk.  I’m excited to walk with the pack!  The picture here shows one of Mr. B’s Valentine’s Day treats.  These cookies from Bubba Rose Biscuit Company (a local NJ company) are amazing.  They smell SO good – just like cookies you’d pick up at a human bakery - and are made with all human grade ingredients with no preservatives.  Anyway, he loved them!  And here he’s sporting his February bandanna.  He’s got one for every month, courtesy of John’s mom.  It was one of Barbo’s Christmas presents.  Teehee.

I’ll be back soon…I hope!  And, in case you missed (somehow) Wednesday’s big announcement….

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

SUPER CUTE CARD!!! You are a ROCKSTAR!!!

whoistracy said...

What a sweet card! I always love kraft. Hope you and Mr. Barbo have fun on the walk tomorrow.

Corie said...

Adorable card -- love it.

Hope you have fun on your walk with your cutie