Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2010 Cookies (dog and human)

Hello! I’ve been busy, busy, busy, as I’m sure all of you also have. Even thought we’re doing a fairly low-key Christmas this year I still did my annual cookie baking and decorating frenzy. This year’s menu includes fruitcake drop cookies, pecan snowballs, sugar cookie cut-outs, gingerbread cookie cut-outs, brownies, toffee and peanut butter doggie biscuits – all from scratch. No mixes here!

For our doggie friends, including our pooper scooper lady (I’m telling you, she is the best $10 a week we spend), I wanted to package some of these homemade special doggie treats for their pups.

I printed out a dogbone template (x2) on red cardstock and then made a quicky box (8-1/2”x8” scored 2” in on each side and then folded up and adhered with i {stick} papers) using my Scor-Buddy. I stamped snowflakes from OCL’s White Christmas in Palette New Canvas on the bones and then added a drop of Icicle Stickles in the center of each one and Eucalyptus Stickles on the tag. Then I stamped a tag from OCL’s No Peeking in Palette L’Amour Red and colored it with Copics. I wrapped some candy cane ribbon around the bow and attached the tag with some white metallic string. Finally I used some more i {stick} papers around the middle of the box and up the sides to hold the white satin ribbon handle in place. Then I placed the bagged cookies in the open box. I love how it turned out.

If you’re interested in the recipe, you can find it HERE on Mr. Barbo’s FB page (yup, I’m one of those crazy dog people).

And in case you are interested in my people cookies here are some pictures from my baking.

cookiecollage copy

Thanks for stopping in today. Be sure to pop in tomorrow for our monthly DT Challenge! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!! :D