Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DT Challenge: New goodies!

Hello!  I finally stamped a project!  Can you believe it?  Well, it’s time for our monthly IHP DT Challenge and this month we’re featuring new goodies since there are so many new things in the new section of the store.  Wow…how many times can I say new during this blog post?  *grin*

I used the Joyful Snowman set from Market Street Stamps.  This is one of the new lines I picked up after CHA and right now I am the only retailer selling them (besides MSS themselves) in the US.  How exciting is that?  I stamped him in Memento black and colored his nose with Copics.  I popped him and the greeting up on Sticky Thumb dimensionals.   Did you see my video on how awesome those things are?  You can see it here.

I used a Lifestyle Crafts A2 Snowflake embossing folder for the background and sprayed it with new Summer Sky Fireworks.   It didn’t photograph very well but here’s a close-up.  If you look really closely you can see a very light blue shimmer.  In real life, it’s gorgeous.  These Fireworks coordinate with the all  the Memento colors. 

Finally I added some torn vellum and dazzled the edges (and the scarf) with some Icicle Stickles.  Clean, simple and cute!  I hope you’ll hop along to see what the rest of the team has in store for you! 

Carolyn
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Lynn
Tracy

Thanks for stopping in today!

9 comments:

Kendra said...

such a cute snowman Kate ~ super cute card!

Kendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Adorable, Kate! I love all the texture and sparkle!

Gretchen said...

what a cute snowman but I don't want to see a real one anytime soon :)!

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

I *adore* this Kate!!! The texture is fantastic and I love how you broke up the sentiment too! The frosty look you created with the markers is a great touch! Love it!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Adorable, although I do NOT appreciate the reminder that winter is coming!

whoistracy said...

This is so cute! I love the snowy hills you made. I don't even want to think about snow yet though. LOL

Lori said...

This is too cute, Kate! Glad you added more Market Street Stamps to the store.

LorettaL said...

I really love your wintery scene!