Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Dog Sympathy

fmfdogsympathy
I know there are lots of animal lovers who follow my blog.  So you will understand how hard it is to make a card like this.  Yesterday a good friend of mine had to say good-bye to her sweet 16 year old Weimaraner, Mia.  She was a sweet dog and I am so sad for my friend and her loss.  I whipped together this sympathy card using Market Street Stamps Pawprints On Our Hearts, the new Sweet Shoppe paper (even making a little tag on the collar from one of the hearts in the paper) and some Divine Twine Cotton Candy and ivory double faced satin ribbon.  The pup is colored with Copics and popped up on dimensional dots and stamped with Memento ink (as is the greeting).  CAS and hopefully a comfort to my friend in her time of loss.
Have a lovely weekend and if you've got some furry ones, give them a little extra love this weekend!  Check back next week for some new goodies in the store!  And, if you're a mom, Happy Mother's Day!    ~Kate

1 comment:

Indy's Designs said...

I understand the difficulty of making this type of card. I've had to make two in the last week for friends who have lost their kitty. Your card will definitely bring a bit of comfort.
{hugs}
Indy