Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DT Product Challenge – Large Scale prints

dtchall091509

Have you been enjoying the sneak peeks from this month’s three new sets?

Today I take a break from sneaking for this month’s DT Challenge. This month it was a product focus and each person was given one sheet of this beautiful Webster’s Pages Delish paper and some of the fuchsia faux suede ribbon that matches it perfectly. The challenge was to use the large scale side of the paper. I think as cardmakers sometimes we’re scared off by large scale prints and don’t use them very often but some then we miss out on some of the most gorgeous papers out there!

dtchall091509close My card is a square 5-1/2” card. I did some persnickety cutting so that I could pop up those two little flowers. I was lucky that those flowers show up on the paper elsewhere! Then I coated them with Frosted Lace Stickles. I went over the pink flourished and parts of the large pink flower with Fruit Punch Stickles and the brown flourish with Cinnamon Stickles to give it all a little shimmer.

I made my tag from the same paper using my new Nestabilities Labels 8 and trimmed the first layer down so that I could mat it (using the small print brown backside of the paper). I stamped my greeting from Expressions (on sale now!) in Palette Claret and popped up everything up for some added dimension.

It’s a little more intricate than I usually make but I think it came out alright. :)

Please check the rest of the DT’s posts today to see what they came up with using these two products!

Carolyn (bklynstamper)

Cathleen (Crooked Card Creations)

Deb (With a Stamp and a Song)

Gretchen (Happiness Is. . .)

Lynn (Stamperosity)

Megan (Megan Lock Designs)

Tracy (Who IsTracy?)

Kendra (Kendra's Card Company)

Amber (So Many Colors, So Little Time)

Thanks for stopping by today! I’ll be back tomorrow with the full release for you of the new sets!

9 comments:

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is a beautiful card Kate!
I love both the paper and the ribbon.
I don't know why I never think of using the paper as the focal point and then just adding the sentiment!
Thank you for sharing!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous, Kate. What a stunning design and I love how your did your sentiment! Brava!

Megan said...

I love how you popped those flowers! Beautiful!!

Gretchen said...

So very pretty! I like your persnickety cutting!! That bow is really cool too. I like this card a lot (watch for a CASE :)!)

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Oooh! Very pretty! Nice cheater-bow, too. I always forget about those!

whoistracy said...

Just gorgeous Kate! Love the bow you made.

Kendra said...

I love this Kate!

Cathleen said...

This is just stunning, I love the sentiment and the bow!

Deb said...

This is so beautiful Kate! I love how you did the sentiment and bow!