Sunday, September 20, 2009

Have a Boo-tiful Day!

bootifulday

Hello!  I’m here today with another sample from the new Chicken Girl Design set, Silly Monsters, available exclusively at IHP! 

I stamped the black base with the ghost in Palette New Canvas.  Then I used a scrap from my MME The Spider’s Web collection pack and torn it, crumbled it and generally just beat it up.  Then I stamped the ghost in Palette Noir on a piece of vellum, die cut with my new Nestabilities Labels 8 die.  On the backside of the vellum I used my Frosted Lace Stickles to color in the ghost and make it a little shimmery but I didn’t want to lose the face and the depth of the black. 

Next I snipped apart a piece of white lace to tatter it a bit (I was going to a cobweb kinda feel…not sure if I pulled it off!) and just wrapped the lace around the beat up piece of designer paper.

I tattered another scrap from the same collection pack, stamped the greeting and attached it with a Bittersweet glazed brad.

So, what do you think?  In person there is a lot of texture and depth to this card but I don’t think my picture captured it!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

Oh wow, this is really cool!