Thursday, January 30, 2014

DT Day: Lori

Hello, i {heart} papers fans! It?s Lori here with you today to share a kid-friendly Valentine's Day card made with stamps from Fresh Squeezed Stamps.


I used the pail and shovel from the A Punny Valentine set to make a simple beach scene. The images were colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used dimensional dots to put them in place on the background.

I used patterned paper from the Carta Bella Winter Fun paper pad for the top of the background panel. Even though the paper?s meant for winter projects, it was a perfect fit for my beach scene! The sand at the bottom of the panel is made with torn kraft cardstock strips rubbed with Memento Luxe Toffee Crunch and Wedding Dress inks. That?s my go-to technique when I need to make a sandy looking panel on a card.  I added the ?I dig you? sentiment at the top of the panel in red ink. It?s machine stitched across the top with red thread for a pop of color.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We share news, updates, inspiration, and the occasional giveaway!

Pin It

No comments: