Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Guest Designer for January & February - Suzanne Dahlberg

Happy New Year!! Our year is off to a terrific start, as today we are thrilled to welcome the sweet and talented Suzanne Dahlberg as our guest designer!! Suzanne has designed for many of our favorite companies, and her clean style of stamping is just stunning! And, well, we have to admit that we LOVE the photo she sent for this post, of her and her adorable dog! She wanted to share this photo because she knows how important dogs are to us. Love that!


We asked Suzanne to introduce herself, here's what she had to say:

Hi everyone! I am super excited to be joining i {heart} papers this month - many thanks to Kate for having me! Here is a little bit about me: by day I work as an oncology research biostatistician focusing on lung cancer, and I spend as much time as I can at my craft table at night. I live in the Boston area with my husband and our dog, and also enjoy traveling, snowshoeing and cooking. I've been making cards for friends and family for nearly 10 years, and share my creations on my blog.

And now Suzanne's blog post with her GORGEOUS card to celebrate the new year...

_DSC0003 Happy New Year, everyone! I am kicking 2014 off with some fun and happy news - for the months of January and February, I will be a guest designer at i {heart} papers thanks to Kate and Tracy! I am so thankful for this chance to work alongside some of the sweetest people...if you haven't checked out their store, please do! They offer the latest and greatest stamps, dies, and other goodies, and they have such awesome customer service. _DSC0007 Since my first guest post is on New Year's Day, I had to make a New Year's card - I opted to stamp Lawn Fawn's alphabet set, Milo's ABCs, in Memento tuxedo black ink to make my own sentiment. The polka dotted paper comes from My Mind's Eye's Cupid's Arrow 6x6 pad. I also used several dies from Paper Smooches: Borders 2, Snowflake Dies and Always & Forever. You may notice that I cut the single snowflake shape multiple times from glitter paper, but then I used some circle punches to shrink them in size before using the Quickie Glue Pen to adhere them to the front and inside of the card: _DSC0010 Thanks very much for stopping by today! Happy New Year to you and your families - have a wonderful day!

Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We share news, updates, inspiration, and the occasional giveaway!

Pin It

No comments: