Thursday, May 1, 2014

Welcome Guest Designer Gayatri!


Today we welcome a new guest designer, Gayatri Murali to IHP for the next two months.  Here's what she has to say about herself and her first project for us!  Now, give her a warm IHP welcome!

My name is Gayatri Murali also known as scrapawayg3 at various galleries.  I am a therapist by profession but chose to be a stay at home mom to my children.  I live in Perth, Australia with my husband, my son, daughter and my dog.  I have been papercrafting for past 10 years. My style is clean simple, bold and bright especially, graphic designs with a technique or two. Trends inspire me a lot. You can see a lot of trendy stuff on my cards. My Blog is called Handmade by G3.   My inspirations come from visiting blogs, going through magazine and Aha! Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I spend hours pinning. so if you like to see what I pin, here is my Pinterest Board http://pinterest.com/gayatri/ I am also active in social media links to which are there on my blog right side bar:)  

I am so thrilled to be the guest designer for the next two months here at i {heart} papers. Thanks so much for having me.

Today I am sharing with you a floral mother's day card. I am a stamper primarily. Stamping makes me happy especially creating my own background. That is what I have done with this card.

I have used the new floral Wplus9's stamp set called Spring Blooms to stamp my floral background. I love a building stamp set because I can then not only build my own flower cluster but also stamp them in different colours to make my own background. The colourful background creates a great impact. I let the background be the highlight of the card and so stamped the sentiment from Strictly Sentiment #4 also from Wplus9 on to a white card stock panel which I mounted on a piece of gold foil paper and adhered it to the card front on top of bunched up thread using foam adhesives.

To finish the card I have added some enamel dots which are the same colours used on the background. Then I also brushed the leaves and center of the flowers with Wink of Stella Clear Shimmer pen.
I decided to do the inside of the card.Here is the inside of the card.


I stamped the big flower cluster from the Spring Blooms stamp set and the sentiment from Strictly Sentiment #4 stamp set. I then brushed some shimmer using Wink of Stella pen on the leaves and center of the flowers. 

Hope you liked my clean and simple style mother's day card. Thanks for stopping by! I will see you with another card next week.

Regards


Gayatri


Make sure you check in on our Facebook page, too!  We share news, updates, inspiration, and the occasional giveaway!

Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

This is such a happy card Gayatri. I love it.