Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ta Ta For Now Balloon

tataballoon

OK, I am so in love with this Verve set.  I know I don’t sell it but I’m still in love with it and thanks to DT member Carolyn, I now have it.  Isn’t she a sweetie?  She knew I totally wanted and knew I am on a self imposed spending freeze, saving up money for my big 35th birthday trip to Niagara Falls in 42 days (but who is counting, right?)  Thanks!!!

So anyway, this little beauty showed up day before yesterday (Ron, the mailman delivered it before he hauled all my packages away) and I had to play with it.  It reminds me of The Wizard of Oz balloon.  And, a little side note, I *really* want to take a hot air balloon ride but at $500 bucks a person, it will have to wait for a little longer.

I paper pieced this guy with the same Heidi Grace paper (the backside this time) that I used on Ron’s mailbox.  (I think I’m making Ron famous now.  I doubt he knows it.)  I put little gems in the centers of a few of the flowers and some larger gems on the Nesties Tag Trio.  The ribbon is some of the new 100% blue silk.  It is LUCIOUS and so easy to tie!!! 

The basket on the balloon is colored with the new Baby Blue Spica pen and the clouds are all colored with my trusty Clear Spica.  I sponged the ground with Viridian Leaf Palette and the clouds and greeting are stamped in Ballet Blue Palette.  The greeting is of course from my favorite, All Occasions Messages

Now…I just need to find someone who is going away to send this to!

Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Super cute, Kate! I love those 3D clouds and the paper pieced balloon.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

That is really adorable! Love that hot air balloon!

When I was a kid, someone brought a hot air balloon to the empty field across from our neighborhood. You could go up for a ride...it was tethered to the ground, so it wasn't a long trip. :) It was a lot louder that I had imagined.

whoistracy said...

Well isn't Carolyn the sweetest?!? Love that balloon. If you guys have time, they do hot air balloon rides out of Letchworth State park which is about 60-90 minutes east of us. Might be worth a diversion, depending on how badly you want to go!