Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yes, more birthday wishes

birthdaywishes

Why are there so many birthdays??  I’m getting a head start on my July card making.  I normally have one day (around the 25th of each month) that I write out my cards for the following month.  That way they’re all ready to go in the mail on time.  But in order for me to be ready for July I need to start now.

This card started by looking at CPS14 but didn’t quite end up working for that.  What I don’t think you can see in the picture is that designer paper is clear embossed and glittered.  Love that!  I’m not crazy about the little gem that I stuck on the ribbon bow…I think it makes it look like a belt but once it was stuck, it was staying! 

I am still loving the Shawl lace paper from SEI and the crocheted flowers are starting to grow on me.  The tag is from my trusty Nesties Tag Trio and of course, stamped with Palette Burnt Umber with the birthday wishes stamp from Chelsea Sentiments.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kate, this card is wonderful. I love the look of the scroll lace with the crocheted flowers...what a wonderful combination. So very feminine!

whoistracy said...

I don't think that ribbon looks like a belt at all! I think the gem was the perfect touch. Love the colors on this Kate!