Friday, April 23, 2010

Five Minute Friday: Sparkly Cupcakes CAS63

I’ll let you in on a little IHP secret here.  When I’m on top of my game (which has NOT been these past few weeks for various reasons) I’m usually scheduled here on the blog at least 2-3 weeks out.  So, what you see has usually been made ahead of time (not in the hours leading up to the post!)  So, for this reason, it’s not often that I play along with SCS CAS challenges.  But, this week was different.  Just a mere five or so hours ago I still hadn’t done my card for today’s post.   I hopped over to SCS to see the current CAS challenge and was thrilled when I saw it.  I immediately had a super quick idea and put this card together using some new Petaloo Cupcakes Dazzlers (they’re also available in pink/brown) and a new sentiment from Hero Arts Wonderful Birthday.  I stamped it in Palette Claret and it’s a perfect match for the fuchsia cupcake.  This card is blingy!  The glitter on the cupcakes is so sparkly and then I just had to go add some extra little bling around my sentiment.  

I’ve got another busy weekend ahead of me.  And I’ve got pictures to share from my previous weekend but they’re not edited yet.

In case you don’t follow us on Facebook (why not??) be sure to check out the new section for this week’s latest arrivals.  New paper pads from Memory Box, new Stampavie, a Copic replenishment (Copic is running about 6 weeks behind and is is very backordered so you will still see some colors missing) and a few other things.

Have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping in today!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ooo how sparkly!! Love the colors too.

Marlene said...

Very pretty! You "threw" this together? Sure looks good!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is so cute!!
Cupcakes should be sparkly,so I think all the sparkle is perfect.;)

Have a great weekend!