Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Showers bring flowers…DT Challenge

You know the saying – April Showers bring May Flowers, right?  Well, that’s what we’re hoping for and that’s what this month’s DT Challenge is all about!  Flowers! 

For my project I used one of the new Chicken Girl digis called Doggie in the Rain.  I printed him out on Medium Weight Copic cardstock and then colored him in after I cut him out using my Labels Two.  I used some paper from Lime Rickey because I loved the blues and yellows and when I think rain slicker, I think yellow!  The turquoise designer paper is from Marrakech.  I used my Big Scalloped Petite Borderabilities and then glazed all the rain and puddles using Glossy Accents.  The finishing touch was two little gemstones and the blingy felt flower from my June Bug Woolies.  So I have April Showers AND Flowers in my challenge card.  Does that make me extra special?

Be sure to stop by the rest of the design team to see their take on this challenge.  And, feel free to play along.  Just upload your card to SCS and/or PCP and tag it ihp0410 so we can find it!

Here are links to the rest of the team:

Carolyn
Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Lynn
Megan
Tracy

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding Kate. This adorable image looks just dandy with that great blossom! FUN!

Kendra said...

Great card Kate!!

Cathleen said...

How cute, love the adorable image and the colors are fabulous...cute flower too!

Megan said...

What a fun color combo! And that image is PERFECT for the challenge!

LorettaL said...

Those bright colours are perfect with this image. This is such an adorable card!!!

whoistracy said...

So sweet! Love these colors together. This image was perfect for the challenge!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Oh, this is just adorable! Love the bright colors. Bet it looks awesome in person!

Deb said...

haha! A yellow slicker! LOVE it! What a fun, spring showers image! As cute as can be!

Lori said...

Too cute, Kate! And you'd still be extra special even if you didn't include both flowers and showers--LOL!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What a happy little card--it's sure to brighten a lucky someone's day!

Holly aka Toy said...

That's adorable! Love the colors!