Sunday, December 21, 2008

Desk Calendar


It is an awesome thing when your design team inspires you! A few weeks ago Tracy made this adorable Winter Calendar and as soon as I saw it, I ordered the 4x6 cases and couldn't wait to make my own!

The only thing I'm not too happy with (and it is my own fault!) is that I over embellished my pages so they don't all fit in the case and close without bulging. Once it is standing and open, it is fine but I'll need to tie a ribbon around it to make sure it stays closed. I'll need to keep that in mind for next time! For the winter page I used a 4x6 piece Always Artichoke as my base, layered with Wassail Snow Dust cut with the second largest Megabilities Curved Rectangle. The calendar was mounted on a strip of Bravo Burgundy and the snowflake embellishment is from my random stash. The rhinestone on this is the main culprit why they bulge in the case.

The calendar was downloaded and printed for free from here and was printed on PTI white. The tag is from the Ribbon Tags Trio and the ribbon, of course, is more faux suede. Are you sick of seeing me use that yet?!! I printed out the seasons on my computer, traced the oval from the Nestie and cut them out and popped them up on a dimensional.

For the Spring page I used Regal Rose as my base and Perfect Plum as the layer. The DP is from the Eva collection and is called Extravagance. Isn't it adorable? And do you see the little beaded daisies? I LOVE this little suckers! The fit perfectly on a mini glue dot and add just the right touch of flower and shimmery bead.

The ribbon is the light pink faux suede.

I love the colors of this spread.

Then, moving on to the summer page....

The base of this is Riding Hood Red. Yeah, I know, I've been using that a lot lately too. The layer is Gable Green and the ribbon...any guesses?!!! I'll wait while you take a guess.
.
.
.
.
.
YES! The red faux suede! How did you ever guess?? :)

The little flowers are Funky Flowers in the color seaside. I justr trimmed off their little stems and they were a perfect match to the aqua blue in Dream Escale DP the from the Black Orchid collection.

Lastly, the fall page. I'm not sure what happened to my picture here. Sorry about that! The base is Kraft, layered with a piece of PTI Aqua Mist paper. The DP is Tuffet from Piggy Tales. I {heart} Piggy Tales. First, the quality is superb - 65 lb. AND it makes me feel good to know that all of their 12x12 paper is made from recycled paper - yet is still acid and lignin free (of course!) and is printed with organic inks! It's good to be able to make amazing things and still live green!

The flower are the light pink Funky Flowers and the ribbon is my old standby, brown faux suede.

I made four of these last night. I was able to get everything I needed out of one sheet of each DP. I used 12x12 paper for my bases and I was able to get all four from one sheet of that as well.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to shovel the walkway now and maybe do some more cookie baking a little later!

2 comments:

Rhonda Kelly said...

I love these calendars, they are all so very pretty! Thanks for sharing. I just found the blog while visiting another new blog, bklynstamper. So glad I did.

Ann said...

OMGosh, these are so cute! I love how you put them together by seasons. Awesome! :D