Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowball cookies


One word. YUM!


I LOVE these cookies and I only ever make them at Christmastime. Good thing too - when you look at the nutritional information!

They are so incredibly easy and delicious and very, very evil.

I am NOT a recipe person, except for baking. I'm a pretty good cook - I even contemplated opening a personal chef business a while ago - but I am usually a "let's see what is in the house and what I can throw together with those things" kinda person.

I have generally good cooking instincts but that makes replicating some exceptionally good dishes very difficult. Because there are so many more variables with baking, I do tend to stick with recipes. Or, in cases like these beauties, I want them to come out perfectly every single time.

With that being said, I don't really have a recipe book. I have a very worn folder that I keep some of my handy baking recipes in. I don't have recipe cards that have been handed down from generation to generation. But, last night while I was making these I was struck by the recipe that I printed many years ago. You can see that it is a well loved recipe - the paper is worn and stained with butter. I don't know...something struck me about it.


So I figured I'd post it here for you. It should be legible enough if you click the picture to see the recipe (and that scary "nutritional" information at the bottom).

Let me know if you try them and love them as much as I do!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are my FAVORITE!!!!!!!! Want. Cookies. Now. :)

Ann said...

Mmmm...these sound SO good. TFS the recipe. :D

Cathleen said...

Oh Yummmmm! I make these same cookies and the same recipe too! I must say I am so impressed with your baking, Hats off to you!! I use to be a Chocolatier, I guess I still am I just don't bake and create as much as I use to.