Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Decor Elements and blog candy alert!

I finally spent some time last night finishing up two more Decor Elements projects that I had started. Only one more to go!

The first one is the silhouette sleigh shadowbox. It is a very shallow shadowbox that I filled with Diamond Dust for snow. It's fun to tip and slide it around. I love the sparkle of this!!!

Here is a close-up of it.

Isn't it pretty?

Yes, for those of you paying attention, this is the
6th installment of my "Difficult Things To Photograph" series. :)

Oh! Before I forget! Carolyn, from my awesome design team, is offering up some Valentine's blog candy. So, if you're ready to move off of Christmas and start thinking about the next holiday, head on over and tell her who you make Valentine's Day things for!

OK, my last project for today is the long ornaments.



This didn't turn out as nicely as I hoped (or imagined in my head) but it's OK. What I can't capture is that shimmery snowy white mat. It is really, really gorgeous. I used some fabric ribbon curls that were starched to help them keep their shape and stuck them down with glue dots.

I'll be back later this week with my gingerbread men cookies. I've got to put together my Christmas menu tonight and go shopping tomorrow before the massive snow storm hits. I'm SO excited!! I definitely {heart} snow. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I'm just a little excited, can you tell?

Hope you're enjoying your Christmas preparations and taking some time to really relax. Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by and say hi!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh, these are both gorgeous! Love, love, love all the sparkle! :D