Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving! October and November are my favorite months of the year. I love the Northeastern chill in the air and the colors of the Fall. And, even though I am a vegetarian, Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I love the smells of the Thanksgiving food and the anticipation of Christmas. I enjoy Christmas too but with it starting earlier and earlier each year (is anyone else sick and tired of Christmas starting in August??), by the time it actually happens, I'm kind of ready for it to be over.

There isn't the burn out with Thanksgiving. And, I think it is especially good to reflect and be thankful. We don't do that enough.
This year, in particular, I am so very grateful. I was a little nervous starting i {heart} papers with all the economic uncertainty and competition out there but so far, so good! I've got an amazing design team and wonderful customers who keep coming back with more and more orders! Thank you so much!!

I made this card for my DT members to let each of them know how thankful I am for them and how grateful I am for their hard work in helping me really get the word out about IHP. Hopefully they've all gotten theirs by now and if not...SURPRISE! :) Haha.

All supplies (except the Cranberry Crisp cs) are from the store. The set is Windsor and I inked it with a variety of Palette inks. I just inked directly from the pad to the stamp from lightest to darkest: Jardin Moss, Raw Moulin Rouge and Raw Sienna. If you've never used Palette inks they are amazing. They are a hybrid ink, which means you can use them on cardstock or on things you might otherwise use StazOn for, such as acetate or glass. You can't use them for embossing because they dry too quickly but for everything else, these are pretty much what you want to use. There are 36 colors and they are all in stock right now!

I used the new Labels One dies to cut and emboss my focal point. The ribbon is this amazing dark brown stitched velvet. It is SO nice to touch. It also comes in a cream version. YUM!

The DP is Brandy Butter from the Wassail collection. I finished it off by putting a few dabs of Frosted Lace Stickles on the image. Not a lot - just enough to make it pick up the light a bit.

So anyway, I hope you enjoy your day! Thanks for checking in! Don't forget the Black Friday special going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

No comments: