Sunday, November 30, 2008

Winter Birds Acetate card

Happy December! Can you believe it? 24 more days until Christmas! YIKES!!

I've been itching to make something with Winter Birds and Dust of Snow (although not necessarily together). I love the sparkle on the paper and didn't really want to cover too much of it up (hence the vellum layer with the oval nesties). I have that problem with a lot of my DP. It's so pretty and I never want to cut it, hurt it or cover it up in any way. *grin*

So here it is. Acetate card and all! There is a white panel on the inside for writing, in case you're wondering.

The bird is coated with a very thin layer of Angel Wings Shimmerz. I knew it was going to bleed a little with the ink since it was SU! ink (it was my best match to the DP) and since Shimmerz are water based. But, I figured since there is negative space on the bird, I didn't think it would be the worst thing to have some bleed over. It's a small price to pay for the shimmer! The ribbon is my trusty satin with grosgrain edge.

And, a little PSA, Tuesday, over at PCP, we're co-sponsoring 5th Day of Christmas - FIVE GOLDEN RINGS so be sure to make a card and enter to win!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: