Thursday, January 29, 2009

CHA wrap up


A SUPER DUPER HUGE THANK YOU to Carolyn, Loretta, Tracy, Lori and Dee for covering my blogging for me while I was away buying lots and lots of goodies for the store. I placed so many orders from new and old companies. I can't wait until they start coming in.

I hope you're not tired of owls, birds or the colors purple and orange (not necessarily together) because they were all over CHA and they'll be sticking around. Almost every vendor had owls/birds and purple and/or orange in their lines. :)

I had a few internet connectivity issues while I was away so here is the last batch of pictures I had sent off that never posted. I took over 450 pictures in the few days I was there. It's hard to pick the good ones. :)


I thought I'd share my top favs from the show:
1. The new Stampendous stamps. They now have rubber mounted on cling WITH the image on the cling so you can see what you're stamping! See the little Changito? Adorable eh?
2. The new SEI lines. I ordered several. I couldn't say no! They are gorgeous!!
3. Ribbon!!! Shiny, shimmery ribbon!
4. The Basic Grey Wisteria lane. More purple. GORGEOUS.
5. The new lines from GCD. A lot of the new papers are flocked and have other goodies. I found them last CHA and loved that they offer quality papers, with shimmer, texture and a good weight for a great price.
6. Impressabilities from Spellbinders. Do you know Conan O'Brien's "If They Mated" feature? Well, that's what this is like - it's kind of like a Cuttlebug folder and a brass stencil had a baby. And at $7 - what a deal! They even recommend you buy two to keep one whole and cut the other one apart so you can use it in strips or corners. I can hardly wait for them to show up.
7. The new lines from My Mind's Eye. I LOVE the weight of their paper and their new lines are amazing. The Penny Lane line has an owl AND is purple!
8. Felties from Sassafras Lass. I know people were saying Doodlebug had the cutest booth (and it was cute) but SL had adorable "windows" with moving characters from their paper lines. I felt like I was window shopping 5th Avenue during Christmas in NYC. But seriously, how cute are those little felt characters? The new line, Jungle Bungle has the sweetest little monkey. And...new die cut edges! A new edge! Woo-hoo!
9. Piggy Tales papers! I think the Mary Mary Quite Contrary is my favorite. I also love that they are printed with vegetable dyes on recycled paper!
10. Glitter paper that doesn't make a mess! REALLY! I mean it!
11. Zva bling. YUM. It tried it out. It is nice and sturdy so your designs and letters don't fall apart as you're removing the backing or placing it on your creation. Nice flourishes in an assortment of colors and sizes.
12. The new Just Rite goodies, including the Demi phrases. They've got a new size stamper that is very versatile. I can't wait to play with it!
13. The new Spica colors from Copic. Sadly these puppies aren't available until MAY. How mean of them to torture us like that. I've got the entire collection on order.

It was an amazing week. I'm so tired and so glad I went and got to meet some people I've wanted to meet for a long time. I also have a new Canadian friend named Sandy. She owns Crafty Designs near Toronto, so if you're looking for some classes or a place to shop and are near there, give her a holler - eh? :)

I hope to be back later with a Five Minute Friday card for you! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh. My. This sounds like heaven (but hell on my wallet!). I saw a sneak peek of those owl felties, and they are super cute! Can't wait to see what you've got coming up for us!