Sunday, January 4, 2009

Phew! Balance Check #1

Two posts in one day! It must be a big day!! :) If you missed the first one, go here for sale news.

I have my room back - the floor, the table, the shelves, everything. It was A LOT of work and I found a lot of things that have been missing for a few months (buried under the piles). Balance check #1...good to go.

I'm exhausted but it was worth it.

Missed what this looked like before? Go here and you'll see why I'm so exhausted! :)


I generated an embarrassing amount of garbage but that is mostly because I tossed a lot of stuff I've been hanging on to for no good reason. I tossed things like alterables that I continue to generate such as Crystal Lite containers and toilet paper rolls. I tossed almost all of my cardstock scraps except pieces I might actually use (quarter sheets and larger or wide strips). I tossed ribbon scraps and a ton of other things that I'm sure I won't miss. It was hard actually doing it but now I feel so much better.

Now, to try to keep it neat (not sterile) but usable. I know it isn't realistic to keep it like this but if I've got more than 4"x8" of workspace I think that is good! :)

Have a great night!

9 comments:

CLHAJNAL said...

It looks awesome!!! Good Job!!! Thanks for giving us a sale out of it. LOL!!!

Carrie

Ann said...

Ahhhh! It looks so nice. Now to keep it that way--haha! ;)

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Awesome! I'm coming over to mess it up!

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow! Looks fantastic, I need those wire paper storage shelves! I'm coming over with Carolyn to help mess it up!

Amber said...

Good work Kate, it looks great!

Anne-Marie said...

WOW Kate, your room looks GREAT! I'd LOVE to have a whole room to use as my craft room, and I especially like what you've done with yours--not just with organizing, but with your overall color selection and design as well. Nice!

Thanks for sharing your little bit of heaven--

Carolyn King said...

wow...it looks fantastic...now come do mine! lol!

Meredith said...

wanna come do mine??? I'm sure you'll have LOTS of filled garbage bags afterwards ;)

Nancy said...

I did the big cleanup about a month ago - it really feels good. I thought I was the only one who worked on 4" x 8" when I have a whole room to myself.

Only drawback - I saw things I hadn't seen in a long time - put them away - and now I can't remember where I put them - I even labeled the drawers! Oh well I guess it's just my senior mind.