Friday, January 16, 2009

Five Minute Friday #3: Hugs & Kisses Bouquet

Phew...what a week! Boy, am I glad it is Friday!! I've even more glad I'm beginning my CHA preparations - scheduling blog posts, prepping the vendors that are must visits and planning on who I am going to meet while I am in Anaheim! How exciting!!!

I did manage to make a little time this week to make a little card. I used the new acetate that I have in the store as my base. This stuff is super thick. It is 10 ml poly (which is just a tad thinner than the clear card boxes) so it is fantastic for card bases and for making your own acetate boxes. This weight is NOT laser or ink jet printable so you won't be able to use it for that. We also stock a thinner acetate, which is good for shaker boxes, window sheets or things of that sort.

But, look at this card! See how nice and straight it stands up? No buckling...it's soooo nice. Can you tell I'm loving it? AND...wait...there's more! I've got it in 8-1/2"x11 AND 12x12. How awesome is that??


This card is super simple. FIVE MINUTES!!! Sorry about the awful lighting...I waited entirely too long to photograph this one and had to use my icky lights.

I used some more of my favorite wire stemmed flowers - these are the pink feathered ones - and made a little bouquet from a scrap of vellum cardstock. I just rolled it up, tied it with a scrap of the pink/light pink reversible satin ribbon and TA-DA!

The greeting is stamped in Palette Boudoir Blush ink on the white panel.

To make the card I used the acetate as my base then layered a panel of SU! Regal Rose on the inside of the card and then adhered a panel of PTI white to the inside front of the card. My adhesive is only behind the bouquet. I used a small strip of i {stick} papers to hold the bouquet in place on the front. (Store note - we're actually out of i {stick} papers right now...but have an order arriving Jan 30 and will ship any orders for it then.)

For my finishing touch I put three little self adhesive pearls on the front and that's it!

Totally simple! This idea could easily be adapted for an anniversary card, birthday card, and I'm Sorry card or even a sympathy card. So easy and so versatile.

This greeting is from Many Hearts but there are so many in the All Occasions Messages set that could easily work as well.


In other news, my studio is STILL clean. And, yes, I've been creating! It isn't just clean because I haven't been using it! I KNOW at least some of you were thinking that!!! *grin*

Impressed?

So...even with some surprises this week I think I've stayed on track. Balance check - yup!

And lastly, remember that beginning Jan. 20 the store is going to be manned by some temporary staff and orders may be delayed getting packing and shipped for 2-3 days. Please be patient! Thanks! And, thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Beautiful card! I love the clear base, and the flowers wrapped in vellum are awesome!